Serotonin loaded foods are highly gaining popularity now days, since they promote weight loss, mood gets stabilized, improves sleep deprivation and even stress levels can be reduced. Serotonin is mostly known as neuro transmitter which enhances joyous feelings, satisfaction and immense happiness. Satisfaction is utmost guaranteed and helps improve sleep disturbances and provide enough sleep when these healthy foods are consumed.
Serotonin is obtained from I- tryptophan amino acid and is a neuro transmitter present in the human brain. Regulation of signals between the cells is empowered by neuro transmitters. In short, intensity of signals is depended on levels of serotonin.
Most of all serotonin depends on mood of the person. Mood disorders like depression and anxiety are directly connected with serotonin levels in the body. Serotonin levels command and improvises mood balance and has other name like ‘happy hormone’.
People who are under- going treatment for depression are prescribed with serotonin supplements to enhance brain activity. Normally serotonin is secreted in brain and intestines of human body. Intestines play major role in digestion and controls eating habits by signaling during hungry, increases metabolism of bones, enhances breast milk in young mothers and even regenerates liver in cellular division.
Major amount of serotonin levels in the body are synthesized in intestines. Serotonin in the form of hormone helps to control the contractions of muscles which are involved in food transportation in the body. But, excessive amounts of serotonin causes stomach upset and leads to diarrhea and vomiting.
Here are some of the reasons to have serotonin rich foods, like-
- We need sufficient amounts of neurotransmitters in central nervous system to ensure brain communication is regulated properly.
- Serotonin is responsible for innumerable functions like behavior, mood, appetite, focus, memory and digestion.
- We need to be able to make it in our brains to be used by neurons since serotonin cannot travel from blood to brain.
- If we include serotonin rich foods in diet every day, it would not be able to reach brain where neuron signaling is required to be regulated.
- There are few ingredients that can synthesize serotonin levels in central nervous system like 5 HTP and I tryptophan.
- L tryptophan is an essential amino acid which is also a type of organic compound that can make proteins.
- Few amino acids makes individual run low but l tryptophan never disappoints.
- Since l tryptophan is essential amino acids and we have to include in diet on regular basis to essentially store serotonin precursors.
- Serotonin is not obtained directly from l tryptophan and initially converted in to 5 HTP and later with tryptophan enzyme.
- Most of the people take 5 HTP supplements to enhance their mood, cut down stress and reduce food cravings.
- When 5 HTP supplements taken in sufficient dosages as directed makes effective booster of serotonin.
- Serotonin levels can be increased through diet in slower rate.
- Highest levels of serotonin are found in kiwi, bananas, pine apples, plums, tomatoes, walnuts and plantains.
- Non vegetarian foods like meats too contain high levels of serotonin.